If you’re struggling with worry right now, we encourage you to think through these 6 powerful and biblical truths (along with their verses) and read them every day. God’s Word has the power to transform our perspective and give us hope and peace.
6 powerful and biblical reasons for why you don’t have to worry…
1. The same God who created you can be trusted with the details of your life.
Isaiah 26:3 “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.”
2. Worrying about the future hinders your efforts for today.
Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”
3. Worrying is more harmful than helpful.
Matthew 6:27 “And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?”
4. Regardless of your circumstances, God promises to help those who trust Him.
Psalm 9:10 “And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.”
5. God sees you and He knows exactly what you “need.”
Matthew 6:31-32 “Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.”
6. Seeking God above all else is the antidote to worry and anxiety.
Phil. 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”