Breakups are no fun. They are hard and heartbreaking.
Here are a few things that I did during my dating days to help me process and work through my breakups.
Strategies to help you work through your break up
- Give yourself permission to cry and mourn.
- Soak in the Psalms.
- Forgive Him, Repent and accept forgiveness from God, and move forward in freedom.
- Soak in Scripture and Allow God’s Word to Restore Your Heart.
- Listen to worship music: Vertical Worship has a ton of great worship music.
- Meet with a godly friend or mentor.
Very Practical Things You Can Do:
- Take a break from social media.
- Avoid contacting him.
- Take a trip or make a new memory.
- Journal to help process your emotions and remind yourself of the truth.
- Volunteer at your church, local children’s shelter, or food bank. Do something to serve others.